Wednesday, May 12, 2010

IT Cosmetics - Bye Bye Undereye Concealer Review

I am always on the lookout for the ultimate under-eye concealer. Thanks to my genes, I have been blessed with annoyingly dark under-eye circles. They are what I am most insecure about. No matter how much time I have to get ready in the morning, I feel like I have to conceal my dark circles before I am comfortable leaving the house. The ultimate concealer in my eyes, is one that provides full coverage, has great staying power, isn't drying, and is easy/quick to use. In December 2009, I decided give IT Cosmetics ByeBye Undereye a try. I have been using it ever since, and it has been the best under-eye concealer that I have found to date. My search has not come to an end though. I love ByeBye Undereye, but I have found that it has a few flaws. I will continue to repurchase until I catch word of the be-all-end-all under eye concealer.

Pros
  • IT Cosmetics created ByeBye Undereye alongside Brazilian plastic surgeons to formulate it to conceal facial bruising and swelling on surgery patients.
  • It lasts all day. Even after working out, it doesn't budge. It is waterproof, but easy to remove with facial cleanser or eye makeup remover.
  • It's pretty simple to pick the correct shade, since 70% of skin tones fit neutral medium. It comes in 4 shades (Light, Neutral Medium, Tan and Deep).
  • At $24, it is a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way. I have been using the same tube for 5 months now and I still have about half left. 
  • It will not settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
  • It does much more than just conceal. It contains collagen (reduces the signs of aging) as well as vitamin C and K (reduces discoloration/puffiness). On the surface it not only covers dark circles, but reduces them over time as well. Talk about a double duty product!
Cons 
  • I am not sure if this is the case for all tubes, but mine has a bit of a grainy texture to it. Blending solves this problem though.
  • The label wore off completely. (As you can see in my photos)
  • It contains parabens
  • Some setting powders cling to it and create a bit of a cakey appearance.
  • It can be hard to find. I have never seen it in stores. Sephora doesn't even carry it. I bought mine off the Canadian Shopping Channel website. It can also be purchased here at Amazon.com or off the IT Cosmetics website.

    3 comments:

    CA9 said...

    Sorry, Which is your shade? My skin seems to be pretty similar to yours... Thank You!

    Laura said...

    I use neutral medium:)

    Laura said...

    I use neutral medium:)

    Post a Comment